The other day I was able to convince my little brother to let me turn him into a zombie. I thought I would go through the products I used and the steps I took to get this look.
- I started with the same base as the doll makeup. The whole point here is look like an undead human, not Casper the friendly ghost. So I used MakeUp ForEver Mat Velvet + Mattifying Foundation in the shade 20 Ivory and mixed it with Ben Nye white cream. Since my brother is young he doesn’t have any dark circles, but I did use some extra product to cover up his five o’clock shadow.
- Next I used the sleek ultra-matte palette and used the purple and navy shades to hollow out his eye sockets and his cheekbones.
- I took liquid latex* and a makeup sponge and layered that on his forehead and his cheek. You have to be careful with this stuff because it will pull out your hair.
- While that was drying I took the navy shadow and draw some veins around the areas where these cuts were. I also used the purple and navy to create some other bruises round his face and neck, giving him an overall dirty look.
- When the latex was dry I powdered it with Ben Nye translucent powder and began to carefully rip the center of the latex open to create the cuts.
- I took the navy blue shadow and put that all over the inside of the latex and a little bit around the edges.
- I began to layer navy, purple, green, dark red and bright red to both cuts to blend the latex into the skin and make them look like deep, infected cuts.
- Then I moved onto the mouth and black eyeshadow to the lips and corners of the mouth. Then I added a little bit of red lipstick and blended that in with the black shadow on the lips to make them look dead but like he recently ate blood.
- I finished it off by adding Ben Nye scab blood to the cuts and other spots around the face and mouth.
And that’s it – a zombie perfect for Halloween or just to scare your mom
Happy Haunting! And have a beautiful day!
*please note that I did a test swatch of latex on his arm before we started to make sure he didn’t have an allergy.